Background of School of Chemical and Mechnical :
The School of Chemical and Mechanical Engineering at Wollo University Kombolcha Institute of Technology established in the year 2016 as a standalone school.
The main aim of its establishment was to promote quality education and undertake research and community service.
Since its establishment the school coordinating, supervising and supporting all academic and administrative units under the school.
This may include planning, allocation of funds and resources, implementing strategies and observing and evaluating the performance of each department.
Initially the school comprises two departments namely Chemical and Mechanical Engineering but as per the need of the current industries,
future economic development and industrialization strategies of the country the school in this academic year opened
two additional departments namely Mechatronics and Industrial Engineering
To be a value based nationally and globally recognized school ensuring academic excellence and fostering Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurial Attitude.
- To be a school fully apply student centered teaching learning process and engages experiential, innovative and addressing community problems.
- To promote and undertake all-inclusive research and community service.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude and values amongst students.
- To strengthen National and International, Industrial and institutional collaborations
- To mentor aspiring departments to unleash their potential, towards nation building.
The below stated values are strongly support the mission of the school of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering:
- Teaching and learning is a shared responsibility between the staff and students.
- Enhancing student learning through innovative instructional methods.
- Providing students with the tools to become life-long learners.
- Encouraging students to become productive, participating citizens.
- Providing an atmosphere where the school staff members are committed to learning, discovery and engagement are free to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
- Creating partnerships within the schools and Colleges in KIoT and Wollo University, as well as with businesses and industries, to benefit student learning and technology transfer.
- Providing laboratories where students and staff can enhance their understanding of technology.
- Recognize an obligation to provide the appropriate environment to accommodate diversity of opinions, experience, opportunities and interpersonal relations.
- Pursue excellence in every activity.
List of Departments Under School of Chemical and Mechnical: